Dr. Doug Balke, MD
Dr. Doug Balke, MD
Medical Director, Addiction Psychiatrist
Dr. Balke serves as Medical Director and addiction psychiatrist at Life Transformation Recovery. He received his undergraduate and medical degrees from The University of Kansas, and attended four years of psychiatric residency at Ohio State University. Dr. Balke is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and is certified to use buprenorphine (Suboxone and Subutex) for management of opioid dependence. He also remains active as a general psychiatrist and was previously affiliated with the University of Virginia training medical students in the specialty of psychiatry.
Dr. Balke takes care of the whole person with each doctor’s visit, considering their medical, emotional, and spiritual needs. He is very skilled at balancing the need for medications for detox, mood stability, and sleep, with different types of therapy. Dr. Balke developed Life Transformation Recovery’s detox method, which is fine-tuned to the individual’s unique needs.
Make an Appointment
Testimonials from Graduates and Family
How We Can Help
More About Life Transformation Recovery
Christian Approach, Proven Results
- Our nonprofit facility in Prescott Valley, Arizona provides compassionate, private substance abuse treatment for men and women
- We believe that substance abuse can be healed, and freedom is possible for everyone!
- As the only faith-based nonprofit alcohol treatment center in northern AZ, our focus remains on helping as many people as possible
- The difference at Life Transformation treatment center is our approach to the whole person. Drug and alcohol abuse are more than a chemical problem.
- We promote medical care with the aid of detox medications when necessary
- Our drug and alcohol rehab center curriculum brings spiritual growth from a Christian perspective
- Addiction counseling brings healing to the heart and helps to change harmful behavior patterns
Not Sure Where To Start?
- Our Healthcare Lender Offers Loans as Low as 0% Interest
- Our Loan Options Have Long Term, Low Payment Plans Available
- We are in Network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, so we can even take BCBS HMO plans!
- We Take Most Private Insurances, Including United Healthcare, Cigna, and Aetna
- Check Out Our Resources for Helping Your Family Member
- The Top 5 Best Rehabs in Prescott AZ Oct 15, 2018
- Top 5 Benefits of a Christian Drug Rehab Center Oct 3, 2018
- How Attending a Christian Rehab Center Helps the Whole Family Sep 26, 2018