How We Are Different From Teen Challenge
What Makes Life Transformation Recovery Different Than Teen Challenge?
Life Transformation Recovery is Unique as a Medical Facility and Nonprofit Christian Rehab
Other Christian recovery programs such as Teen Challenge have made a huge impact in lives and helped set countless thousands of people free from addiction. Ultimately, faith in Jesus Christ is what brings lasting change, and a complete 180 degree change in life. What makes Life Transformation Recovery so unique is that we approach the whole person in our program, from their medical needs, to discharge planning, and learning life skills.
Here are a few things that make Life Transformation Recovery unique:
- Drug and alcohol detox, with qualified doctors and nurses
- Staff availability: there is always a staff member available to talk if you’re struggling or need encouragement. Residential and medical staff are available 24 hours a day.
- We are licensed as a medical facility, so we’re able to take insurance to cover the cost of our services
- We provide counseling to help get to the root of the issues that led to addiction in the first place
- A church home to provide friendship and support, during and after the recovery program
- Life skills training, so graduates know how to budget, carry responsibility, build successful relationships, participate in the community, and minister to other people
Flexibility Makes Life Transformation Unique
We understand that not everyone is the same, including addiction problems. We are willing to adjust for individual needs.
Here are some examples of how we work with people:
- A cell phone is allowed after the first two weeks of the program in most cases
- Work is permitted during the program, so you can experience real life in the community. This encourages growth and allows for some freedom, combined with accountability
- Community integration: Attendance at a local church, participation in Bible Studies, and volunteer activities give clients the ability to give back while they’re still in a treatment program
- Group Activities: We regularly schedule outdoor events like hiking, basketball, cycling, fitness activities and more, so you’re not stuck in a classroom all day
Our program is structured in three phases, which can be flexible in length, depending on how long it takes for a person to develop stability and learn the skills needed to succeed on their own.
Phase 1: Focus on Healing
- 1-2 Months Long
- Daily Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Medical Care provided by Board Certified Addiction Doctors and Registered Nurses
- Customized Exercise Routine and Diet with a Personal Trainer
Phase 2: grow and Develop Strengths
- 2-3 Months Long
- Integrate Family Counseling into the Christian Recovery Program
- Part Time Work or School
- Group Activities with Peers, such as Hiking, Fishing, Bowling, Basketball, Volleyball, Cooking Classes
Phase 3: Work Towards Independence
- 3 Months Long or More
- Work or Attend School Full Time
- Develop Personal Responsibility and Time Management
- Financial Management Training to Learn Budgeting Skills
- Community Volunteer Work
- Encourage and Strengthen Newer Members of the Rehab Program
What Is Teen Challenge?
Global Teen Challenge
Through the following years, Teen Challenge expanded into other states, and even worldwide starting in 1995 with the establishment of Global Teen Challenge. Now the worldwide network of Teen Challenge boasts over 1200 facilities in 110 counties across the globe.
Teen Challenge USA
Teen Challenge USA established a phase system for the Teen Challenge programs to meet the needs of those struggling with a drug habit.
- Phase 1 – Recognizing destructive thought patterns that lead to drug or alcohol abuse
- Phase 2 – Focus in on healing an individual’s past, involving relationships that have been broken and also failures and mistakes
- Phase 3 – Developing Christian character and growing spiritually. This involves a discovering personal strengths and setting goals for the individual man or woman
- Phase 4 – Ongoing Care Planning, which involves making plans for work, education, rebuilding broken relationships, making plans with money and finances, evaluating an individual’s support system, relapse prevention, and leadership skills. At this point in the program, many people decide they want to go into pastoral ministry or get involved as a Teen Challenge volunteer or employee.
- Phase 5 – Re-entry, for graduates needing help with job training and education. This step also can also help graduates find sober living, a halfway house or other transitional housing.
- Phase 6 – Restoration, which is providing addiction rehabilitation again for those who have graduated from a Teen Challenge facility, but have experience a drug or alcohol relapse, which is called “backsliding” in their program.
Teen Challenge of Arizona
Teen Challenge of Arizona’s Mission Statement: To provide youth, adults and families with an effective and comprehensive Christian faith-based solution to life-controlling problems in order to become productive members of society.
Teen Challenge has five facilities in Arizona that serve both adults and teens. As an Arizona nonprofit recovery program, Teen Challenge of Arizona is mainly supported by donations. Also, many people enrolled in their programs find what they call “sponsors” in the community who are able to pay for their stay at the Christian rehab center.
The Greater Phoenix Men’s Center is a Christian residential recovery program for men 18 years and older. This location is what Teen Challenge calls an “induction center,” where recovering addicts go through a four month program of classroom learning, Bible studies, fundraising, church services, community outreach, and participation in the Teen Challenge choir. The Phoenix Teen Challenge Men’s Center has seen thousands of lives transformed and set free from addiction in the many years it has been in operation.
The Tucson Men’s Center is southern Arizona’s Teen Challenge location, and serves as the men’s induction center in Tucson. Like the Phoenix Teen Challenge location, men 18 and older go through a four month Christian recovery program to break free from the slavery of drug and alcohol addiction.
The Christian Life Ranch in New River, AZ serves as the long term rehab program for men enrolled in Teen Challenge’s programs in Arizona. After men finish the first phase of addiction recovery at an induction center (in Tucson or Phoenix), they move to the location at New River for the final 12 months, which is considered the training phase of the Teen Challenge program. At that time, men continue to attend church services, Bible studies, fundraising activities and learn how to support and encourage each other as they prepare for graduation from the program. One third of all graduates become employees of Teen Challenge of AZ, which continues the cycle of giving back. Another great benefit is that graduates working in the program are able to inspire and encourage new people in the program like only a former addict can!
Home of Hope, the Teen Challenge facility for women in Casa Grande, Arizona (which also is willing to take women with children) has an addiction treatment program that is a minimum of 12 months long. It is considered a residential shelter home, and helps many ladies 18 years and older who have experienced abuse, self-harming behavior, drug addiction and other life-controlling problems. They are able to accept women with children up to six years old.
Springboard Home for Youth in Crisis, a residential recovery program for girls between the ages of 12 and 17, is located in Tucson, AZ. This program provides a counseling curriculum and deals with drug addiction and alcoholism.
Encouraging Your Loved One to Seek Help
Guilt and shame hold many addicts back from seeking help. Most addicts want to change, but don’t know how to break the cycle of needing the substance to function. Here are a few tips on helping your loved one begin the path to recovery.
- Find the right facility first! Research different treatment options, narrowing them down until you find the best environment and approach for that person.
- Speak to the addict calmly, without accusations or criticism. He already feels guilty and needs to know that you love and support him.
- If he says he definitely wants to quit drugs or alcohol, calmly let him know you have found a Christian recovery center that can help.
- If he agrees to receive help, have everything lined up so all you need to do is pack and arrange transportation to our Prescott Valley rehab. You’ll want him to arrive there before withdrawals can begin, so trained staff can help him through the medical detox process.
- Approach him when he is the most sober. In most cases, this is when he first wakes up.
- Listen for statements about wanting to get clean. Let him know that you want to help any way you can.
More About Life Transformation Recovery
Christian Approach, Proven Results
- Our nonprofit facility in Prescott Valley, Arizona provides compassionate, private substance abuse treatment for men and women
- We believe that substance abuse can be healed, and freedom is possible for everyone!
- As the only faith-based nonprofit alcohol treatment center in northern AZ, our focus remains on helping as many people as possible
- The difference at Life Transformation treatment center is our approach to the whole person. Drug and alcohol abuse are more than a chemical problem.
- We promote medical care with the aid of detox medications when necessary
- Our drug and alcohol rehab center curriculum brings spiritual growth from a Christian perspective
- Addiction counseling brings healing to the heart and helps to change harmful behavior patterns
How We Can Help
Testimonials from Graduates and Family
Not Sure Where To Start?
- Our Healthcare Lender Offers Loans as Low as 0% Interest
- Our Loan Options Have Long Term, Low Payment Plans Available
- We are in Network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, so we can even take BCBS HMO plans!
- We Take Most Private Insurances, Including United Healthcare, Cigna, and Aetna
- Check Out Our Resources for Helping Your Family Member
- The Top 5 Best Rehabs in Prescott AZ Oct 15, 2018
- Top 5 Benefits of a Christian Drug Rehab Center Oct 3, 2018
- How Attending a Christian Rehab Center Helps the Whole Family Sep 26, 2018